We are looking to hire dedicated Barbers to consult with clients and ensure that all their hair-related needs are taken care of. The Barber’s responsibilities include cutting, trimming, styling, and coloring client’s hair according to their instructions, fitting and grooming hairpieces, and billing clients. You should also be able to provide hairstyle suggestions and haircare advice to clients.
To be successful as a Barber, you should be able to provide quality facial hair grooming services to clients. Ultimately, a top-notch Barber should keep abreast of new and emerging hairstyles and trends.
- Welcoming clients and consulting with them on their desired hairstyles.
- Cutting and trimming hair according to clients’ instructions.
- Styling hair using chemical solutions and styling tools.
- Shaving, trimming, and shaping clients’ beards and mustaches.
- Washing and conditioning clients’ hair.
- Providing hair treatments and coloring.
- Ensuring that combs, scissors, razors, and other instruments are cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Supervising apprentices and trainees.
- Providing face, scalp, and neck massages.
- Providing hairstyle suggestions to clients.
- High school diploma or GED.
- State barber’s license.
- Sound knowledge of current hairstyles and trends.
- The ability to follow instructions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
No degree, certificate or diploma
1 year to less than 2 years
- Additional Skills
- Supervise other hair stylists and other staff; Supervise apprentices/students in training; Shampoo customers’ hair; Maintain and order supplies; Book appointments
- Work Setting
- Barbershop or hairstyling salon/studio
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods
- Ability to Supervise
- 3-4 people
- Work Location Information
- Rural area; Urban area; Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
How to apply
Application Closing Date