CCR Construction Ltd. is looking for a 3rd or 4th Year Apprentice Carpenter to join our Regina based company.
CCR Construction Ltd. is a fast-paced General Contracting Company that serves southern Saskatchewan. If you are interested in this opportunity please apply to the information below.
Please provide a copy of your certification with your resume.
Only those legally entitled to work in Canada need to apply.
Skills And Abilities
– Willing to travel
– Valid driver’s licence
– Travel expenses paid by employer
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
– 4th Period Apprentice
– 1st Period Apprentice
– 2nd Period Apprentice
– 3rd Period Apprentice
Area Of Specialization
– Rough carpentry
– General carpentry
– Finish carpentry
- Reading blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed
- Cutting, shaping and smoothing lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements
- Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance
- Build scaffolding and other construction structures
Type of Establishment/Work Setting Experience
Security and Safety
– Steel-toed safety boots
Major Work Area
- Proven experience as carpenter
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers, etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Good knowledge of English
- Good understanding of basic math
- Good physical condition and endurance
- High school diploma; Successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program is required
CCR Construction Ltd.